Thursday, March 13, 2014

South Dakota Highlights!

 


Hello kittens!
This last weekend I went on a super fun trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota!image Watch my South Dakota Highlights video here! 
I absolutely love the Black Hills! The scenery is absolutely breathtaking.image My family and I stayed in a beautiful cabin that is located a little bit out of the Deadwood/Lead area!
Here is a photo of what our cabin looked like:


imageimage


On the way driving in to Deadwood, once we reached the Black Hills, there was a thick fog resting over the mountains and the trees were layered with morning frost, which was absolutely breathtaking!image


imageimage


The first day we visited the Mount Rushmore National Monument. I went there with mixed feelings though. When I came here for the first time last July, I thought that it was absolutely beautiful, but this time I was more thoughtful. As most of us probably know, the rock formation that the faces of Mount Rushmore are carved into was actually a sacred Native American landmark. The men who built Mount Rushmore desecrated a place that was sacred to America's native people, which is wrong. I have been surrounded by so much Native American culture where I am from, and I have so much respect for them. So, it is a bit saddening when you think of the mistreatment of people throughout history.image


imageimage


The next day, on our trek home, we drove through Spearfish Canyon! Spearfish Canyon is so beautiful!!! There were frozen waterfalls, a little creek, and little cabins everywhere! (And lots of trees, of course!image) We did stop for a little bit and looked at some of the waterfalls, which was one of my most favorite things from the trip!
Here is a photo of one of the frozen waterfalls in Spearfish Canyon:



imageimage


That pretty much sums up my trip! Yes, it was very short, but that's because we were only there for the weekend!image It's always nice to have a little getaway and be surrounded by nature, even if it is for a little while...image I do have another vacation planned in April that I am super excited about: I'm going to Denver, CO!image I *might* be going on another vacation in April as well, but it's not definite yet!image
Anyways, thank you all for reading! I really do appreciate it! Happy traveling and remember to stay cute!image
image


No comments:

Post a Comment