Saturday, February 1, 2014

Florida Highlights!




Hello kittens!
I am back from my Florida trip and I had so much fun!♡
I just wanted to go over some of the highlights of my trip, and the really fun and cute things that I did while in Florida! You can also watch my vlog of my entire trip here!





Day one of my trip we went to the Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld! It was really cute and fun! One of my favorites is Main Street USA and the projection/firework show that they do on Cinderella's castle! I noticed a few new things that they added in and are currently building; they added a whole new Tangled themed section, Belle's castle, and Ariel's Grotto! They were currently adding in a new Snow White ride!!! Snow White is my favorite Disney Princess, so I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to go on the ride. I got to see the plans for the ride and it is going to be a cute little ride that goes through the seven dwarves' mine!




Day two of my trip we went to Cocoa Beach, which is about an hour outside of Orlando! That day was the warmest day of the week, being in the 70s (Fahrenheit). The rest of the week was in the 40s! Anyways, the beach was absolutely beautiful! The water was clear closer to shore, the boardwalk was really cool and there were cute barnacles growing on the support beams that were in the water, and the waterline is covered with seashells!!! It was also really nice to just relax and watch the surfers catch waves.
Here are a few seashells that I found!
Later that night we went shopping in Downtown Disney, which is a little shopping district that is separate from the parks and is open to everyone! I got a lot of cute things there that I will show you later on in this post! Some highlights from Downtown Disney were the Ghirardelli chocolate shop that not only sold chocolate, but also coffee along with other beverages, AND ice cream! Another highlight from Downtown Disney was a soap store called Basin that sells different sized bath bombs, soaps, bath salts, and more! I really like trying other soap companies other than Lush, so I am super excited to try out the bath bombs that I bought!


Day three of our trip we spent the day in Disney's Hollywood Studios! Some highlights were the Aerosmith Rockin' Roller coaster, eating at the Brown Derby, and taking pictures with the character Vanellope from Wreck It Ralph.♡ Later that night we went to the Fantasmic fireworks show, which I wasn't too impressed by, and the fireworks show at Epcot's World Showcase.

     

Day four of our trip we went to Universal Studios! This was my first time going there and I was really looking forward to all of the Simpsons stuff and Harry Potter! (Of course!) Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed that most of the rides at Universal Studios were roller coasters... (I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters!) Anyways, even though I don't like roller coasters all that much, I still had a lot of fun! The Harry Potter ride was really cool, but it gave me major whiplash! I really enjoyed the butterbeer as well! I plan on posting a recipe of how to make butterbeer sometime soon! More highlights of Universal Studios are meeting Bart and Homer Simpson, eating at the World's Largest Hard Rock Cafe and seeing the Blue Man Group live show! 




 Day five of our trip we went to Animal Kingdom and watched a rocket launch at the NASA Kennedy Space Center! We mainly went to Animal Kingdom for the Kilimanjaro Safari, which I highly recommend doing if you go to Disneyworld! The launch was a really cool thing to see, but it was super cold outside!
 Day six of our trip, which was our last day in Florida, we spent at Epcot! Epcot is the one thing that I was looking forward to the whole entire trip because the World Showcase is my absolute favorite! Highlights from Epcot were meeting Alice and Mary Poppins in England and Snow White in Germany, eating at the Chef de France in France, and Japan! We had made reservations for the luau at the Polynesian hotel, but it got canceled due to the bad weather, which was a major bummer because that would have been a really great experience!


Thank you all so much for reading! If you want to see more of my vacation photos, you are welcome to browse my Instagram!♡
I really appreciate everyone who reads my blog! If you plan on going to Disneyworld or Universal and have any questions, feel free to contact me! Have fun and stay cute!♡
imageimageimage imageimageimage imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment